Korg GT4 Guitar and Bass TunerWith Strobe Tuner Mode
The Korg GT4 is a compact and high-performance, dedicated guitar and bass tuner that e...
Korg GT4 Guitar and Bass Tuner
With Strobe Tuner Mode
The Korg GT4 is a compact and high-performance, dedicated guitar and bass tuner that even tunes seven string guitars and six string bass ranges. You can plug your instrument directly into it via the standard 1/4-inch jack with a standard guitar cable, or use the built-in condenser mic as a direct pick-up. The condenser mic lets you tune acoustic guitars also. The flat tuning options allow dropped tunings from one to five semitones (half steps) down.
The GT4 automatically detects instrument pitch, either by the condenser mic or the instrument cable input, and displays the name of the note in the window in the center of the tuner. The outer ring's red LEDs will light up to indicate if the pitch is sharp or flat, and will rotate right or left as you adjust string tension, to guide you to the desired pitch. The two triangular, green tuning guides light up when you are in tune. The GT4 gives superb visibility and readability as you tune.
The GT4 has three tuning modes: Strobe, Mirror, and Meter.
- Strobe: In the Strobe Mode, the red LEDs will rotate when you play a note that is not in tune. They rotate clockwise if the note is sharp and counter-clockwise if the note is flat. The two green, triangular tuning guides will light up simultaneously when the note is in tune. The GT4 is probably the least expensive strobe tuner you find, and it's accuracy is amazing.
- Mirror: The Mirror Mode displays two sets of red LEDs, a bright and dim set. The dim set represents the reference note pitch you are closest to, while the bright LEDs represent your instrument's pitch. The bright LED move either left or right to indicate sharp or flat.
- Meter: The Meter Mode lets you tune you instrument as you would with a conventional, needle indicating tuner. The only difference is you use a bright red LED instead of a needle. The LED will rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise to indicate sharp or flat, as you tune. When the red LED aligns with the green tuning guide, you are in tune.
The GT4 is easy to operate, with easy to get to switches. It even shuts off if accidentally left on for about ten minutes.? Additionally, the Strobe Mode will switch the LEDs off to conserve power, if it hasn't received a pitch signal in more than thirty seconds.
The GT4 comes with a three year warranty. Just go on-line and register your product warranty at Korg USA.
- Tuning: 12 note, equal temper scale
- Detection range: B1 (23.13 Hz) to B6 (1975.54 Hz)
- Detection accuracy: less than +/- 1 cent
- Operating Modes: Strobe, Mirror, Meter Flat tunings: 1 to 5 semitones
- Connection: 1/4-inch input
- Power supply: two AAA batteries (3 volts), batteries are included
- Battery life: approximately 18 hours of continuous operation, in Strobe Mode with a continuous A4 input
- Dimension: 2.40" W x 2.56" D x 0.87" H
- Weight 2.36 ounces (including batteries)